Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Easy Peasy Summertime Egg Salad Recipe



Some days I draw a blank when it comes to creative lunch ideas. It seems there are only so many different kinds of salads, soups or sandwiches! I like to keep things fresh and exciting in hopes of introducing the boys to a wide range of flavors and encouraging them to try new tastes. My boys are excellent eaters, ask anyone around I don't have to beg them to eat their lunch. They also happen to be great about eating all of their greens, partly because whether they participated or not vegetables have always been a staple on our plates.

Today I realized I hadn't made one of the classic sandwiches I grew up loving in a long while. So simple, so easy, and full of protein! The timeless Egg Salad Sandwich is always a hit in our home, so I decided to share it with you! There are many different takes on this sandwich, they can get pretty fancy or elaborate. This isn't anything like that.
Summertime Lunch
This is my mom's old fashioned classic Egg Salad Sandwich, perfect for picky little eaters who are funny with different tastes or textures. The "No Muss, No Fuss" of Egg Salad Sandwiches, if you will.

All you will need:

About 6 Eggs, hard boiled and diced w/ yolk (this will last two days in the fridge)
1/2 a cup of your favorite Mayonnaise or Vegenaise
1 Tbsp of Mustard (spicy or honey - whichever you prefer)
A dash of Salt & Pepper (or not, I don't use any for the kid's batch)
1/2 tsp of relish (optional for all my pickle lovers)

Fold together in a bowl and enjoy on your favorite bread, I love Ciabatta!

Hope you enjoy this classic as much as we do!


What's your favorite go-to sandwich? Tell me all about it in the comments section below!

Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipe's!


Essentially yours,

Erika





No comments :

Post a Comment