Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Simple Banana Bread Muffins!



There's a saying in my house, "If Mom's baking her Buttermilk Blueberry Banana Bread, then look out!" It doesn't always mean that I'm super stressed, or have given up, so I decided to bake the day away. Sometimes it just means Mom is frugal, and wasted fruits / veggies are not an option in this household! So I guess, yea you should still look out. Kidding, sort of.

So when I lay my eyes on spotty bananas, I know it's time to get to work! I actually get a little excited at this point, it means I get to indulge with a yummy homemade treat. Nothing beats the smell of banana bread when you walk in the door, it always gets a smile.

While I'm a fan of mixing fruits and nuts with my banana bread, I also enjoy the simplicity of plain ol' banana bread. I decided it would taste great as muffins for the boys to easily snack on or take on-the-go.
The darker the banana,
the sweeter the bread!

Ingredients:

8 Tbsp of butter
1 Cup of Sugar or 1/2 cup of Truvia Baking Blend
1 Tsp of Baking Soda
1 1/2 cups of Flour
2 Eggs (beaten)
2 Insanely Ripe Bananas 





Recipe: Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Cream softened butter and sugar, I use the lovely "Darla," my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. I couldn't live without her. Yes, I named my mixer. Don't be all Judgy McJudgerson

Add eggs and mashed bananas, keep mixing. Combine Flour, baking soda with wet mixture and keep mixing until smooth. Add to muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.

Great in a lunchtime snack!

*Makes a dozen muffins

You can serve these warm or freeze for another day. Or you can serve warm with vanilla ice cream, just sayin..

Do you have a favorite Banana Bread Recipe? Share with us in the comments section below!

Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy goodies!


Essentially yours,

Erika

No comments :

Post a Comment