Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tip of the day: Microwave Cleaning

If you are anything like me, you hate cleaning the sticky splatter off of the top of your microwave too! It seems it just takes forever sometimes, and the scrubbing is oh so fun. Imagine my excitement when I came across a wonderful all natural cleaning tip. Its super easy and I start it when I first start my dishes, its all finished by the time I am done with dishes! You will need: A glass bowl 1/2 cup of white distilled vinegar (I use this for everything! Best to buy in bulk!) 1 cup of water (Tap is fine) You can add a few drops of essential oil if the smell of vinegar is too strong for you. (it only lasts a few minutes, but I use lemon essential oil sometimes. Thats it! So to start, you pour the ingredients into the glass bowl and put the settings on your microwave to 4 minutes on high. Then, let the mixture sit in the microwave for ten minutes with the door closed. When you open the microwave door grab a sponge and wipe away, the sticky residue comes right off! You could even use a paper towel if you'd like. (I try to stay away from these, reduce reuse recycle!) Hope you enjoy this tip, it sure has freed up some time for me! Essentially yours, Erika

No comments :

Post a Comment