Thursday, June 5, 2014

Homemade: Hand Sanitizer!

Once I read that one 2oz bottle of store bought hand sanitizer had 60-90% alcohol I knew I'd found my new homemade project! That is enough alcohol for four shots of vodka! 

This simple and easy recipe is what I found and I love it! You only need four ingredients to make this happen:

5 tbsp of 100% Aloe Vera Gel
1/4 tsp of Vitamin E Oil
10-15 drops of OnGuard Essential Oil
4 tbsp of water

That's it! 

Combine the Aloe Vera gel and the vitamin oil and mix in a glass bowl. Then add the On Guard essential oil and mix together. Incorporate the water until you reach your desired consistency, then scoop into a travel tube and enjoy! Not only is this sanitizing, but way more moisturizing than the store bought brands!

I can now freely let my little germ catchers use my homemade hand sanitizer in peace...Ahhhh the joys of essential living. Of course, nothing beats a good old fashioned hand scrubbing, but every little bit helps!

Essentially Yours,

Erika

No comments :

Post a Comment