Friday, May 23, 2014

The Virtual Heart Walk



My heart is heavy this evening, a dear friend and fellow blogger (www.youaretheroots.com) has lost her sweet baby girl Wylie Meadow Joly to congenital heart failure at 1:10am this morning. 

I like to think that I'm an open minded person who is very spiritually connected. I spend hours on meditation and reflecting on all of life's meanings.

But on days like today, I find it hard not to try and make "sense" of a heart wrenching situation. I guess it's only "human" to try and gain some sort of control or perspective in order to understand how to process it all. Today I draw a blank... I simply cannot seem to wrap my mind around this loss.

So instead I have to channel this energy in the most positive way I can come up with.

The Joly family has asked that in lieu of flowers, a donation be made to the Children's Heart Foundation. 

If you visit www.childrensheartfoundation.org, there are Heart Walks you can attend all over the country. Seeing as how the closest walk is in Tampa, I am inviting you to join me in the Virtual Heart Walk in honor of Wylie Meadow Joly. You can register your donation at: 




"No footprints are too small, to leave a big imprint on the world."

Essentially yours,

Erika

No comments :

Post a Comment