Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Homemade: Deodorant!

Lots of DIY all natural stuff around here lately. I've been making a lot of this for a while, so I'm just getting you all caught up! (In other words, deal with it!) Ha ha!

Deodorant... We all need it, we all use it..(right???) 
On our "all natural, chemical free" journey I've tried a few brands. Only to find out that there were still some traces of aluminum to be found.

Although, the aluminum argument in homemade deodorants have since been de-bunked on account of there being aluminum found in BAKING POWDER, not BAKING SODA, which is the active ingredient in homemade deodorants. (Don't believe me?? Check out www.crunchybetty.com for research and references). To be sure, you can purchase Bob's Red Mill "Aluminum Free" baking soda to make yourself feel better.

So here it is:

1/4 baking soda
1/4 arrowroot powder
3-5 tbsp of coconut oil
15 drops of essential oil (I used doTerra's Purify blend which is magnificent!)
1 empty deodorant container

Combine baking soda, arrowroot and essential oil into a bowl. 
Add coconut oil with other ingredients one tbsp at a time until it reaches desired consistency.
Press firmly into an empty deodorant container. Let sit until coconut oil solidifies.
VoilĂ ! Homemade deodorant! This not only smells better than any of the store bought brands, but it also works better than most I've tried! I even had enough left over to add to my roll on bottle!


I'm officially in love and plan on never paying for deodorant again! 

Essentially yours,

Erika




No comments :

Post a Comment