Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Best Chicken Salad Ever!!!

So I love chicken salad sandwiches. When I worked in corporate America, there was a tiny Italian deli who used to make the most perfect chicken salad ever!  

I'm not biased or anything, seeing as how it's my recipe (sort of). 

It's been haunting me ever since! I've gone through about a dozen recipes but by mixing a few of these recipes together I think I found the perfect fit.



So here it is:

1 Air Chilled Certified Humane Raised Chicken Breast (Humor me)
I grill mine, I like the char marks!
2-3 celery stalks chopped (two if long, three if it's the short kind)
2 Tbsp of fresh chopped Basil
Salt / Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp of dried cranberries
1/2 cup of Mayo ( or Vegenaise) 
Squeeze about a Tsp of juice from a lemon

Fold mixture in and spread on some delicious Low Sodium Ezekiel bread, toasted if you like. 

The celery adds the crunch I desire, while the lemon and basil add a fresh and light feel. The cranberries are just the right sweet surprise to round it all out. 

Hope you enjoy as much as I do!

Essentially yours,

Erika


No comments :

Post a Comment