Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Essential Oils: Healthy Hair Tips


After the birth of my second son, to say I had experienced a bit of hair loss is the understatement of the year. My hair line receded two full inches and it would not stop falling out! I even experienced thinning eyelashes. It's a tough balance, trying to enjoy your new bundle of joy, yet wondering when your hair is going to stop falling out so you can put away the baseball caps. I was afraid to even brush my hair at times, the amount that would fall out was alarming to say the least. I've had some success with essential oils (shocker), so I decided to share what worked for me.

Rosemary Essential OilRosemary oil has a reputation for stimulating hair growth and has been used for centuries by many cultures for this very purpose. Adding Rosemairy Oil to your shampoo bottle can improve hair growth, add to thicker fuller hair. It can be helpful in hindering hair loss, a few drops inside my shampoo bottle helped bring back my thick locks. You can also add a few drops to your tube of mascara for thicker, fuller lashes.

Melaleuca Essential Oil
: Also known as Tea tree oil, Melaleuca has many uses. I use it in my Homemade Toilet Cleaner. It's all natural anti-fungal properties can help with a dry, itchy scalp. In order to promote healthy hair growth you need to get your scalp in good shape. There are many shampoos with tons of chemicals claiming to have tea tree oil in them. Why not go to the source? I add ten to twenty drops in my shampoo bottle depending on ow serious the condition. This can help relieve the side effects of dandruff or psoriasis of the scalp.

You can find out more about these essential oils here.

If you are interested in an Essential Oil Education class, you can attend our online class this Thursday February 26th at 2pm. You can sign on to the webinar by clicking on this link. Hope to see you there!


Essentially Yours,

Erika

1 comment :

  1. That's a really nice head's up, Erika! That will certainly be very helpful for our purposes. We should definitely maintain a close look at all the various remedies and treatments for hair loss, as well as the various means with which we can restore what those could take away from us. Thanks for sharing! All the best to you!

    Byron Brewer @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete