Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Essential Oils: Bumps & Bruises

Living with two boys under the age of four, you can imagine how many bumps and bruises I see on a weekly basis. Oddly enough it's always my little guy who takes all the tumbles. He tends to be a bit more risky than his older brother who is a little more of a risk analyst when it comes to tricky maneuvers.

The tumble he recently took off off the couch onto my tile floor and into his Fisher Price record player was not a pretty one. It caught him right between the eyes and it started to swell so fast he was beginning to look like a unicorn!

I remember reading on the coveted Modern Wellness page on Facebook that Deep Blue was supposed to help with swelling.
I raced to my oil stash and grabbed ol' trusty tried and true blue! Just a dab will do, although I will say this: Be sure and keep away from the eyes, this oil is potent and can burn terribly if rubbed into a little one's eye.

The true test would be in the bruising in the days to come. I should have taken a picture right away but I was busy consoling a very distraught two year old.

But here you have it!

He never got a shiner as I suspected, and it went straight into the healing phase. By the next day it was visibly swollen, but nothing like before and it was already turning yellow / green. It wasnt tender to the touch and as you can see his mood had greatly improved! (Pardon the shameless plug, I couldn't resist!)

By day two the swelling had completely subsided and you could barely tell he had any bruising at all.

Another victory for Deep Blue and #DrMom!

Thinking of ordering an extra bottle to keep on hand just in case. With these two guys something tells me I'm not quite in the clear just yet!

If you'd like to learn more about Deep Blue or any of DoTerra's essential oils you may do so at www.mydoterra.com/erikasessentials.

If you'd like to learn how to gain access to the coveted online Modern Wellness Facebook Forum, please contact me at essentiallyerika@gmail.com.


Essentially Yours,


Erika

No comments :

Post a Comment