Saturday, July 12, 2014

It's Time To Sleep, My Love...

I've been getting a lot of questions about our bedtime "oil routine". 

So here it is!

After baths, while dressing my boys I rub some OnGuard on their thymus for immune support if they've been around other kids or public places (which is pretty much everyday).
I put all of these oil mixtures in roll on bottles for easy application on tired wiggly boys. This allows me to keep a stash of oils in their medicine cabinet, it's all about location, location, location! 

Then, I rub some Balance on the back of their necks for a grounding effect. (This helps calm all the "sillies".

I massage some diluted Lavender on their feet to help ease them into a peaceful sleep-mode.

Lately, I've added a new magical oil to the diffuser and the results are amazing! I already would diffuse Lavender each night, but I've also been adding a few drops of Vetiver and it is snooze central in my home! It helps to cut the bedtime shenanigans by half the time and my almost four year old's (waaaaahh!) old 5am wake up calls are now at 7am! (Hey, it's progress people!)

After applying our oils it's bedtime stories with some cuddles, then off to dreamland! 

You can learn more about the oils I've mentioned at www.mydoterra.com/erikasessentials

If you'd like to learn more about giving your medicine cabinet an "essential" makeover, feel free to email me with questions about an upcoming webinar at EssentiallyErika@gmail.com.


Essentially Yours,

Erika

No comments :

Post a Comment