Friday, July 4, 2014

Essential Oils: Summertime Stash

Summer is here and in full effect!

Here at #CampMom, we are keeping very busy on our hunt for all natural playscapes that offer up an opportunity for "true play". (Imagination included)You can read about some of these adventures at www.ModernBocaMom.com.

During this process we have hit a few bumps in the road, i.e. bug bites, sunburns, bumps & bruises, even a sniffle or two. (Onguard withdrawals, more on that later)

I've been busy nursing two sneezy toddlers this week and concocting all my blends to last through the rest of the summer, as always I'm sharing them with you!


Bug Spray Recipe:

2oz glass spray bottle
10-15 drops doTerra's TerraShield Blend
Fill the rest of the glass bottle with water, shake and spray!

This has helped tons and smells way better than a lot of my favorite all natural over the counter brands (most of the all natural kinds smell really strong).

Homemade Lysol Disinfectant Spray

1oz glass spray bottle
5-6 drops doTerra's Purify Blend (I also use this blend in my homemade deodorant)
Fill the rest of the glass bottle with water, shake and spray!

This came in handy this week when a close friend of mine was visiting with her three gorgeous babes. I had been nursing two sniffly toddlers earlier in the week, so I made sure to spray everything before they came over. #germsarenotforsharing

Homemade Sunburn Spray:

10 drops Lavender
10 drops Frankincense
10 drops Melaleuca
10 drops Peppermint
Fill the rest of a 15ml glass bottle with Fractionated Coconut Oil

This is a miracle worker for the hubby, I cant seem to get him to wear enough protection and his poor skin always pays the price. This sunburn spray will not only soothe and protect, but it also shortens the duration of what I like to call the "Lobster Face".

Owie Spray:

20 drops Melaleuca
20 drops Lavender
10 drops Frankincense
40 drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil
(I like to add a few drops of the miracle oil Helichrysum)

This is a Mommy Must Have!!!

Having two boys so close in age has proven to test not only my blood pressure, but also my cat-like reflexes. I'm able to reach for this spray in an instant and it has everything I need to help my little guys.
It not only disinfects and soothes, but the Lavender and Helichrysum also aid in speeding up the healing process and keeping any germs from getting in. (Annnnnnnnnnd resume playing!)

Plus, this will not sting or burn like some of those "tried and true" chemical ridden over the counter remedies.

With the over-exposure of chemicals in today's society, it feels good to have some sort of control or say-so in the process of helping to heal and soothe our children of the sometimes uncomfortable experiences in every day life. Let's hear it for #DrMom!

More info on chemical exposure in our everyday lives and how it effects our children can be found at: www.unacceptablelevels.com

If you would like more information or would like to purchase any of the oils mentioned you can find them at www.mydoterra.com/erikasessentials

Happy Fourth Everyone!


Essentially Yours,

Erika

No comments :

Post a Comment