Monday, July 28, 2014

Homemade: Laundry Detergent Update

I am always searching for new and interesting updates for all of my cleaning supply recipes. I've heard about Kirk's Original CoCo Castile Soap, but had never found it in any stores.

I finally came across it on a recent shopping trip and decided to give it a try. Definitely a pleasant surprise! It's much milder than the Fels Naptha brand castile soap I've used before, and lighter than the usual Zote soap we have become accustomed to here at home. Overal a pleasant addition to your homemade laundry detergent, the mild scent allowed me to play and add a different essential oil than the usual Lavender.

This time I used the DoTerra blend Purify, its a natural disinfectant capable of killing airborne pathogens and strengthening the immune system. I also use this blend in my homemade deodorant and homemade lysol spray. It smells great, it leaves behind a hint of sweet Lemongrass that is invigorating!

I grate it in my food processor the same as any other castile soap, then add my Borax and Super Washing Soda along with about 10 drops of oil. (Purify is a powerful blend!)

Hope you enjoy as much as I do!

Essentially Yours,


Erika

No comments :

Post a Comment