Monday, March 31, 2014

DIY: May as well be my middle name!!


Admittedly, I am a bit of a DIY freak!! I'm a big believer in a can of paint, it can fix just about anything in my book. Sometimes my ever so frugal hubby loves it, sometimes he wishes I would just let him buy something new already. But I can't help myself, I was born this way! When we need more storage, I don't buy a console table or hutch, I find an antique four drawer dresser for $25 and show it some love! 
Dresser before..
Dresser after!

Beat up old dining room table?? 
Nothing a 220 grid sanding sponge and a can of furniture paint won't cure! 

Dining chairs just needed a little sprucing with some paint and new fabric! 

Desk looking haggard???
(Are you noticing a pattern yet?)

Desk before...
Desk After!

You can give your entire house a little facelift with a little bit of creativity and a lot of patience from your spouse! Personally I love keeping pieces in my house that have history, what's the fun in having your personal space look like a Target catalog? They don't make furniture like they used to anyway.

My DIY addiction also happens to feed my thrifting addiction.. BONUS!! 

I'm sure I will have plenty more to share on my DIY journey! As always...

Essentially yours, 

Erika

No comments :

Post a Comment