Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tip of the day: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

Leftover jam, jelly or pickle jars??? Put those babies to work! I wash mine and reuses them as glass Tupperware. Last year I banned all plastic Tupperware from our home, but replacing with good quality all glass alternatives can get a bit pricey. (I had ALOT of Tupperware) 

In order to keep up with my rambunctious boys and their full schedule of outdoor time, I make their food in batches so I can have their meals ready in a flash. So I need LOTS of glassware! Don't get me wrong, I love all the awesome cutesy and durable products like wean glassware, but at $5 a pop for 5oz jars? We're talking MAJOR commitment here for a full overhaul.

So my thrifty nifty mommy brain kicked in and I decided to reuse what was right in front of me! Isn't that what it's all about anyway? Reduce? Check! Reuse? Check! Recycle? Check! (Except for the hubby, he's still working on it)

Essentially yours,

Erika

No comments :

Post a Comment